Ever since childhood, I have been doodling and using my imagination to create things. So becoming an artist of some sort was always my calling. During college I found my passion for graphic design. I’ve been honing those design skills for the past 18+ years…and learning how to move my teams to the goal line. Meanwhile I’ve discovered some complementary pursuits, including running and competing in triathlons. Pushing myself through physical trials has tested both body and mind, giving me tools I’ve been able to apply to my professional life as well. My other spare time is spent traveling, enjoying friends and family, fishing, and camping.
Taylor Technologies, Inc.
Senior Graphic Designer
Responsible for the overall visual aspects of the company image and branding, developing and evolving creative concepts across a range of communication mediums, including print, web, mobile, video, interactive, point of sale, and packaging for the pool/spa and industrial water testing industry.
Graphic Designer & Project Manager
Conceptualized and designed stationery, brochures, corporate identities, direct mail campaigns, and developed film for offset/screen printing. Managed Home Depot Pro Desk campaign which involved illustrating maps, merging and addressing direct mail pieces, updating databases, and coordinating events.
TMK Design Group
Design Studio Intern / Graphic Designer
Designed printed ads, illustrated line art and logos, created packaging mock-ups and p.o.p. displays, color-corrected photography.
University of Maryland, Baltimore County
Major in Graphic Design
Minor in Geography
Overall GPA: 3.4/4.0
Honors: Dean’s List, Member of Golden Key International Honour Society
Six month curriculum (350+ hours) split into 25 units and features a combination of videos, in-depth articles, hands-on design projects, and career-related coursework.
- Design Thinking
- User research
- Synthesis and presentation
- Ideating and Designing
- Sketching, wireframing and UI
- Prototyping and presenting
- Design Sprint
- Special Topics
Nielsen Norman Group
Completion of 7 full-day intensive in-person courses with exams to earn UX certification in Interaction Design.
- UX Basic Training
- The Human Mind and Usability
- Web Page UX Design
- Effective Ideation Techniques for UX Design
- Generating Big Ideas with Design Thinking
- The One-Person UX Team
- Application Design for Web and Desktop
Completion of 19 online courses to earn web certifications.
- Introduction to Cascading Style Sheets (H151.64)
- Introduction to XHTML (H401.42)
- Intermediate CSS Workshop (H152.36)
- Introduction to Dreamweaver (A131.59)
- Advanced Dreamweaver (A132.03)
- HTML Level II (H102.41)
- Introduction to Web Design (D313.15)
- Web Content Writing (B123.13)
- Introduction to Web Analytics (B127.13)
- Search Engine Optimization (B320.40)
- CSS 2.1 In-Depth (H153.24)
- Introduction to Designing Accessible Websites (D210.24)
- Introduction to WordPress (B129.10)
- Legal Issues for Web Designers and Content Managers (B141.33)
- Intro to Programming Concepts (P010.56)
- Mobile Web Design (H104.01)
- Introduction to HTML5 (H105.01)
- Web Site Promotion (B321.42)
- Premiere Pro CS5 Essential Training
- Premiere Pro CS5.5 New Features
- Premiere Pro: Color Correction and Enhancement
- Premiere Pro and After Effects: Creating Title Graphics
- Fixing Video Exposure Problems in Premiere Pro
- Encore CS5 Essential Training